SAN GABRIEL VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER
IF YOU ARE HAVING AN EMERGENCY OR LIFE THREATENING SITUATION, DIAL 911
At San Gabriel Valley Medical Center, we're all about Our Family Caring for Yours.
Our approach to care is simple: We treat our patients in the way we want our loved ones to be treated – with compassion and respect. This philosophy has guided the employees and physicians of San Gabriel Valley Medical Center since our opening over 50 years ago.
Our team of healthcare professionals is dedicated to promoting and championing the individual needs of each patient and family in a caring and supportive environment. We utilize a holistic approach to provide comfort and healing for both patient and family in a culturally sensitive manner.
At San Gabriel Valley Medical Center, you and your loved ones can be confident in the care provided by over 500 physicians and 1,000 employees who utilize advanced technology to diagnose and treat thousands of patients each year.
With the “Gold Seal of Approval” from the Joint Commission, our extensive inpatient and outpatient services include:
- Emergency Care: Available 24/7 whenever you need us. We treat over 24,000 people each year from minor illnesses and injuries to serious life-threatening conditions.
- Surgical Services: Both inpatient and outpatient surgeries are performed in our state-of-the-art Surgery Department. We specialize in a wide range of surgical services including Orthopaedics and Spine, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, ENT, and many more.
- Maternity: Our beautiful birthing suites, located in the Women’s Pavilion, provide a comfortable, home-like environment for mothers and newborns
- Newborn Intensive Care: If an infant requires specialized care, our NICU staff has the expertise to help.
- Sub-Acute: For patients needing long term care due to chronic respiratory and other conditions, the Sub-Acute Unit provides supportive care for both patient and family.
- Geriatric Behavioral Medicine: Our inpatient center treats seniors experiencing mental health issues in a comfortable, safe environment.
- Diagnostic Imaging: We offer a wide array of diagnostic imaging services and have one of the few 128-slice CT scans in the area.
CITY OF SAN GABRIEL
San Gabriel is a city in Los Angeles County, California. It is named after the Mission San Gabriel Arcángel, founded by Saint Junípero Serra. The city grew outward from the mission and in 1852 became the original township of Los Angeles County. Nestled between other famous areas in north Los Angeles like Pasadena, Monterey Park, and Arcadia, San Gabriel is the perfect spot to combine many aspects of So-Cal life including dining, entertainment, shopping, and night life.
- Huntington library & botanical gardens
- Altadena farmer’s market
- Vineland drive-in movie theatre
- Hiking in Sturtevant falls/Santa Anita canyon
- Old town Pasadena offers shopping, entertainment, and dining
- Rose Bowl stadium for popular sporting events and entertainment
- San Gabriel mission (historical landmark and museum)
- NASA’s JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
Please find our Medical Director and other key staff and personnel at the Emergency Department of San Gabriel Medical Center.
Dr. Grace Ting is a board certified emergency physician. She has been the medical director of the emergency department at the San Gabriel Valley Medical Center since 2010. She received her M.D. from the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, & completed her Emergency Medicine residency at the LA County + USC Medical Center. She is also the medical director for two fire departments, the sexual assault response team, & the Vice Chief of Staff at the hospital. Dr.Ting enjoys seeing patients & working with the ER team to provide excellent patient care.
Michael S. Agron, M.D. is the CEO of Emergency Medical Management, Inc. (EMMA). He has been an Emergency Medicine physician since 1976. Dr. Agron graduated from the University of Virginia Medical School in Charlottesville, Virginia in 1975. Thereafter, he went to UCLA for internship & residency. He became board certified in 1988 & re-certified in 1998, 2008 & 2018. He is a dedicated Emergency Room physician who spent 40 plus years working as a provider to families in Southern California at various hospitals. He has been past president of Los Angeles County Emergency Medical Association & he has chaired & or participated in numerous committees at several hospitals. Dr. Agron created EMMA in 2002 with the goal of staffing the Emergency Rooms with high quality, passionate providers delivering the best possible care & keeping ultimate patient satisfaction. In his spare time, Dr. Agron likes to collect antiques & spend time with his granddaughters.
Dr. Giordano has been in Emergency & Critical Care since 1991 in many different capacities. He spent over a decade as a mobile ICU, trauma resuscitation, flight & ER RN before moving on to a directorship over ER/ICU. in 2004 he then completed his Master's Degree as a nurse practitioner. Steve worked full-time at the bedside as an ER NP from 2004 to 2013. Shortly after being promoted to Chief Operating Officer, he completed his doctorate degree (DNP). He continues to work clinically to maintain his skills, but the majority of his time is spent running logistics, regulatory compliance & clinical operations for EMMA. Under his leadership, EMMA has dramatically cut length of stay & patients who leave without being seen to levels far below regulatory benchmarks. Dr. Giordano has helped hospitals contracted with EMMA achieve 5-star ratings from CMS, A-grades from the Leapfrog Group & rank in the top decile for Sepsis compliance & outcomes. Steve loves spending time with his family, mountain biking & anything related to fitness.