MONTEREY PARK HOSPITAL
IF YOU ARE HAVING AN EMERGENCY OR LIFE THREATENING SITUATION, DIAL 911
About Monterey Park Hospital
Monterey Park Hospital has been a vital part of our community for over 40 years. We take pride in being a part of a diverse community; our staff speaks several languages and is trained to understand our community and its needs.
Monterey Park Hospital is:
- a 101-bed facility
- accredited by the Joint Commission
- licensed by the state of California
- an approved provider for Medi-Cal and Medicare programs
Monterey Park Hospital is committed to excellence in providing quality health care services to our community with a team of compassionate and dedicated professionals, within a culturally rich and ethically appropriate environment.
- Create an environment of quality, respect and dignity for all who seek our services.
- Provide quality health care by collaborating with our medical staff and by attracting and retaining qualified professional care givers. Monterey Park Hospital offers continuing medical education to the Medical Staff.
- Enhance standards of health care in our community.
- Committed to excellence in providing quality health care services to our community with a team of compassionate and dedicated professionals, and embracing the rich cultural diversity in the community.
CITY OF MONTEREY PARK
Monterey Park is a city located in the western San Gabriel Valley region of Los Angeles County, California in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, United States, approximately seven miles from the Downtown Los Angeles civic center. The city’s motto is “Pride in the past, Faith in the future”. Nestled between other famous areas in north Los Angeles like Pasadena, San Gabriel, and Arcadia, Monterey Park is the perfect spot to combine many aspects of So-Cal life including dining, entertainment, shopping, and night life.
- Huntington library & botanical gardens
- Altadena farmer’s market
- Vineland drive-in movie theatre
- Hiking in Sturtevant falls/Santa Anita canyon
- Old town Pasadena offers shopping, entertainment, and dining
- Rose Bowl stadium for popular sporting events and entertainment
- San Gabriel mission (historical landmark and museum)
- NASA’s JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
Please find our Medical Director and other key staff and personnel at the Emergency Department of Monterey Park Hospital.
My name is Jeremy Williams & I was born & raised in Los Angeles, however educated & trained on the East Coast at Duke University, Wake Forest University, & St. Luke’s Hospital-Columbia University. My management style is cohesive & cooperative. Everyone has a part in the ED flow & everyone is important. I began my career in NYC & Miami but EMMA has been my home for 16 years & is a solid organization with fair & approachable leadership. Outside of the ED I enjoy hiking, traveling, watching NBA basketball, attending concerts, & DJ-ing which is my favorite pastime. I have logged over 1.5 million miles amongst 30 countries. You can also find me at the beach anytime & sharing time with my wife, 2 kids, & my Great Dane Whiskey.
Michael S. Agron, M.D. is the CEO of Emergency Medical Management, Inc. (EMMA). He has been an Emergency Medicine physician since 1976. Dr. Agron graduated from the University of Virginia Medical School in Charlottesville, Virginia in 1975. Thereafter, he went to UCLA for internship & residency. He became board certified in 1988 & re-certified in 1998, 2008 & 2018. He is a dedicated Emergency Room physician who spent 40 plus years working as a provider to families in Southern California at various hospitals. He has been past president of Los Angeles County Emergency Medical Association & he has chaired & or participated in numerous committees at several hospitals. Dr. Agron created EMMA in 2002 with the goal of staffing the Emergency Rooms with high quality, passionate providers delivering the best possible care & keeping ultimate patient satisfaction. In his spare time, Dr. Agron likes to collect antiques & spend time with his granddaughters.